The Best Nutrition Habits for Eating Healthy
Nutrition habits that can enhance your workout and overall health.
Nutrition is the key to good health. Regardless of how much you exercise or how many supplements you take, you won’t be able to achieve your fitness goals without the proper diet.
Finding the right balance of nutritional support, personal fitness training, and small group training helps athletes fuel their bodies, maintain strength, and continuously challenge agility and stamina. For those who have a tough time establishing good nutrition habits, these tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can help you get started on your road to healthy eating.
Good Nutrition Habits Begin by Thinking Before You Eat
For many of us, eating is an almost automatic activity. With so many other distractions in our day, mealtimes can quickly become an afterthought. Take some time to examine your current nutrition habits to get an idea of what you’re doing right and what needs to change.
- Make a food diary. Write down everything you eat and drink for at least a week. This gives you a visual record of what you’re consuming. Many people are surprised to find that they’re eating a lot more than they think.
- Check your table manners. Do you always finish your meal before everyone else at the table? How often do you ask for seconds? Has it been a while since you actually sat down to eat? Eating in a slow and relaxed manner supports good nutrition habits.
- Find your patterns. Your food diary shows more than what you eat. Take a look at when you’re eating as well. Do you find yourself sneaking snacks late at night or right before meals? Stress and bad habits can contribute to overeating.
Looking at your eating habits provides you vital clues that will help you stay trim and strong.
Make New Nutrition Habits
Once you’ve identified the things that don’t support your healthy lifestyle, find ways to replace them with better nutrition habits. Start simple, so you don’t get discouraged before fully establishing your new habit.
- Pay attention to your food. Put away electronics, paperwork, and reading materials during meal times. Look at your food and concentrate on chewing each mouthful. You will eat less and enjoy your meals more.
- Plan your meals. Waiting until you’re hungry to prepare food is a surefire way to overindulge in unhealthy options.
- Don’t eat when you’re not hungry. That isn’t as easy as it sounds. Check your food diary to see how often you’re snacking when you don’t really need the calories.
It takes a while to establish good nutrition habits. However, your dedication will pay off in the gym.
Keep It Up!
Staying firm in your newly established healthy lifestyle can be tough. Keep yourself motivated to stay on track.
- Incorporate cheat meals. Deprivation is the best way to ruin a good diet. Give yourself some slack to avoid a binge.
- Keep track. Use a calendar to track your goals for a few weeks. This visual reminder can help you establish new habits more quickly.
- Treat yourself! Give yourself something good when you reach your nutrition goals. It doesn’t have to be food-related. Buy yourself some new workout gear, get a fancy manicure, or put some money in a jar towards even bigger rewards.
Contact Generation Fit to Begin Building Positive Nutrition Habits
Your nutrition habits are an integral part of your overall health. If you’re not sure where to start, let the health specialists at Generation Fit help you find your way. Our nutritional support services will help you revamp your nutrition habits and transform you into your best self.
Contact us today at (813)340-3008 to learn more about making your nutrition habits more fitness-friendly.